Dust Devils & Drama

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Dust Devils & Drama

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Winterwolf
` subordinate

Winterwolf

Self-Proclaimed Potato

Female Age : 23
Location : In a far, far away galaxy, on a planet, called EARTH

Dust Devils & Drama Empty
PostSubject: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 8:51 pm

The sky was a clear blue, free of clouds and seemingly empty of activity. However, a large cloud of dust began billowing up to the sky, but disappearing before it could reach anything. A white wolf sat and stared on as a dark blue male tunneled into the soft tan soil. The dusty air caused her throat to itch. Clearing her throat, the white wolf managed a throaty rasp. "S-Storm...Why are you trying so hard to get that prairie dog?" She coughed again as a small breeze blew the dust cloud to her. "You'll scare away anything at least fifty tail lengths away." She said with another fit of hacking.

The gray-blue wolf whirled around to his sister and snorted out another cloud of dust. A droplet of blood fell onto the sandy ground. The soil crowded around it, and it took on a darker scarlet color. "That thing needs to be taught a lesson!" He said clearing his throat of the tan soil. His jet black nose was welling up with blood, but it slowly closed up, leaving behind a red line. His hackles slowly lowered and his tensed demeanor slightly loosened. "Never mind..." He muttered before stalking off to sulk.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

Female Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 9:53 pm

It had been several months since Fae's little "incident" at the lagoon. She wasn't sure how exactly she had managed to get rid of that idiot named Kain, but if she had to guess it was because he had finally gotten tired of her attitude. "Good riddance," was all she had to say about it. She could take care of herself just fine.

The she-wolf's wounds still hadn't fully healed. Her right side still ached although the fur had long grown over the scars. She still hurt whenever she took a breath, and she wheezed slightly if she overexerted herself. But, by far, her most annoying injury had to be her right forepaw. It had gotten infected twice, and was only just beginning to properly scab. She would probably have a permanent limp, but she hoped it would end up being less noticeable than it was currently.

Fae had no idea why she decided to travel to this dry place. She hated being out in the open. not only that, but once upon a time a certain pack lived here that she didn't take too kindly to. Leave it to betrayal and being ganged up on to ruin an acquaintanceship. She had never actually been here, now that she thought about it. She'd heard of it from Fade, yes, but his descriptions were definitely... Different from what she was seeing now. Then again, it had been a couple of years since she'd seen him or his mate.

She paused in her aimless trek through the tall, dull grass. She could have sworn she had heard someone talking, and it sounded close by. Just what she needed, some good, old fashioned social interaction. She remembered why she came here now: to get away from all of the damn wolves. With a sigh and a flick of her tail, she decided that, no, she was not going to get involved today. Unfortunately, all of the dust was making it difficult for her to tell where exactly the wolf was, and instead of going around like she had hoped she ended up right in the clearing where it, no, they were. Great.
Back to top Go down
Winterwolf
` subordinate

Winterwolf

Self-Proclaimed Potato

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 10:53 pm

As Storm stalked off, Stream stayed where she was. With a frown, she left him to his own devices. "It's always best that he thinks through this kind of stuff on his own..." She trailed off as her mind wandered from the subject. The wind blew away the last of the dust cloud, clearing the air and her lungs. The gray striped fae exhaled in a sigh and took in a deep, crisp breath. She relished in the clear scent, trying to distract herself from worrying about Storm. 'Let's hope he doesn't break anything out here.' She thought looking around. "Not that he could find anything..." She mumbled. A patch of vegetation nearby grew into a grove of trees. Canine footprints lead up to it, and the musky scent of her brother trailed after it. "I guess he disappeared in there..." She tipped her head as she studied the group of trees. They seemed to blur the longer she stared. Rubbing her eyes, Stream stood up and start trotting after him. 'That should be long enough.' Another figure had begun to walk on the field, but the figure strode down her blind side. Stream padded slowly, studying her surroundings carefully. Her paws kicked up a trail of dust clouds, as she trotted after her brother.

Storm muttered curses and dove through the brush as he paced around the only green patch for miles around. His tail lashed like a whip behind him as the stupidity of the earlier moment rushed up to him. Ashamed and embarrassed he ran through the brush and emerged at the edge of the small woodland. He sat down with a sigh, and closed his eyes to mediate. 'The hell should it matter that much?' The gray-blue wolf wanted to smash a rock over his head, but the only rocks here crumbled from the slightest pressure. His closed eye twitched in irritation. Covering it with a paw he looked around with his blood red eye. The vast, but empty space made him feel small. With a sigh he diverted his sight to the other side of the space. A light grey pelt made him stand and raise his hackles. He couldn't smell it from his distance, but he recognized it was coming from Stream's blind side. The slight smell of blood made him relax a little, but he still galloped forward with renewed vigor.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:40 pm

As soon as she realized she was near one of the wolves, Fae turned and started going in the opposite direction. She didn't know where the other one went, but as soon as she looked around to find it she realized it was heading straight towards her at high speed. The female rolled her eyes, continuing to limp at the same pace she had been for hours. When it became apparent that the wolf wasn't going to leave her alone, even with her minding her own business, her fur rose on end and her ears came forward, giving out a warning growl loud enough for him to hear.

She stood up as tall as she could, ignoring the pleas from her paw to take the pressure off. The only indication of pain she displayed was a slight wince and a small shuffle on her paws. Although she would have much rathered avoid the wolves completely, if one of them wanted a fight, she'd give them one, injured or not.
Back to top Go down
Winterwolf
` subordinate

Winterwolf

Self-Proclaimed Potato

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 4th 2014, 11:58 pm

Storm watched as the now identified female turned to limp away. He slowly down slightly in worry. He could smell the blood for sure now. 'Is she hurt...?' He thought narrowing his bloody eyes, but he kept running without stopping. His figure seemed to skim over the soft tan ground which gave way under his paws when he was only a few tail lengths away. His stumble pulled his paw back, and made him wince from the sudden pain. He stifled a pained grunt and hid his twisted paw by setting it on the ground as if he standing on it. The female gave her own wince, and the blood scent now seemed dry and stale. His jet black nose crinkled as he recalled his earlier encounter with the prairie dog. Flaring his nostrils, Storm stared back at the fae with the same intensity. 'I am screwed if she wants to end this with a fight...' He though as his paw began to ache and scream from the pressure. "...Storm. You are?" He said in a curt and impolite voice, but inwardly he was glad from the strong response. The run quickly tired him out, and his lungs seemed to collapse onto itself. He kept his panting low and quiet, but Stream's quick interruption covered his quiet wheeze.

Stream spotted a speeding dark blue figure. She blinked surprisingly as he heard her way quickly. He suddenly swerved to a different direction. As he passed her, she turned to bark a question at him, but she spotted the gray figure first. Something dawned on her face, then she ran after her brother. "H-Hey!" She slid to a stop beside her panting brother, and glanced between the two. The white female was, of course, smaller than the two, since she wasn't trying to seem bigger. "What were you thinking your doing?! She hasn't done anything wrong..." She could feel the hot waves of pain coming from Storm, even if they were faint, and the gray female across from her seemed to wince while she was standing. The gray back on her pelt rippled as she cocked her head. "Did you both hurt yourselves?" She asked with an exasperated sigh.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 1:00 am

Fae watched as the male tripped and injured himself, raising a brow as if to say "Really?" It was pretty pathetic, if she did say so herself. At least her own wounds were obtained by proper means.

Her hackles still raised, she stared unblinkingly at him while he introduced himself. She wanted to snort in distaste, but thought better of it, looking towards the female that was now making her way towards them. "None of your business," was her answer to his question, standing her ground. Seriously, there was a large brute of a wolf, and of all things he doesn't attack her because he tripped. Fae watched on in disinterest as the white female talked to the darker male, apparently scolding him for going after her. She rolled her eyes again, pining to head out towards somewhere less coated in dust.

"Did you both hurt yourselves?" At this, Fae did let out a sort of mixture between a snort and a laugh, looking at the male and back at the she-wolf with a stupefied look on her face. "I've had this injury for quite a while, thanks. He, on the other paw, decided that I was a good target and tripped and hurt himself on the way over. It's sad, really."
Back to top Go down
Winterwolf
` subordinate

Winterwolf

Self-Proclaimed Potato

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 2:19 am

Storm glared at the gray wolf. 'None of my business? Just because it's none of my business doesn't make me any less curious.' He thought snarling under his breath. "How does Moon sound to you? If you won't give me a name, I'll give you one." He added, almost mockingly. His sister began to scold him, silencing him, even if he preferred to snap back at the faes remark on his running. 'I would be digging my own grave anyway...', would be his reasoning behind staying quiet. His sister, always against violence, seemed to want to make friends rather than enemies with her too. 'Even after getting that blind eye of hers...' He thought with an involuntary snort. 'You can't just trust everyone, Stream. You should know that by now. The tip of his gray-blue tail twitched, showing his annoyance at his sisters thoughts and intentions. 'Sometimes I even wonder how we're even related!' He gave the white fae a small sneer before turning to the gray fae again. His blood red eyes appeared hard as he continued to glare at the slightly wounded wolf. It took a lot out of him to keep from exclaiming how incompetent it was to have a wound for that long. 'Most would have been resting and tending to it. Who would be out here in the middle of nowhere talking with us?'

The white female flicked her tail at her brother. "To be honest, he's never been good at running. He's better at picking fights." She said returning his sneer with a triumphant snicker. Then she turned back to the gray wolf, which Storm named Moon. "Is it ok to call you that though?" She asked with a weak smile. 'Oh dear...I bet these two would go out at it all day. Moon would probably win an argument though...' Stream blinked widely at empty space. "Hey wait! But she never said she liked that name!" She sighed and closed her eyes at her incompetence. 'And I'm already assuming she does...' Then she blinked slowly at herself and realized she spoke out loud. "C-Crap..." The gray backed fae shrunk back with a weak chuckle. "S-Sorry for that outburst of mine..."
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 6:20 pm

Fae glared at the male seethingly, letting out a loud growl in reaction to his words. The female was quick to berate him for his incompetence, leaving him silent. That didn't stop her from glowering at him, though, as he continued to smirk between his sister and she. This male could definitely do with an attitude adjustment; she hated wolves who thought they were better than her, especially when she knew they didn't have the ability (or the gall) to prove it.

"He's not even good at that. Some fight he picked with me; I have to say, I'm not sure I'll make it out alive," she replied scornfully, keeping her attention on the male while still listening to the white she-wolf. She had been about to reply to the female's question on whether or not they could call her Moon (really?) when she suddenly yelled something about her liking the name. Fae blinked in mild surprise, at last turning her eyes to the female. "No, it is not okay to call me 'Moon,' and you'll do good to remember that," she growled,  brown ears flicking in annoyance. "What is it with wolves and names? Can't someone make their way somewhere without having to introduce themselves to every single wolf they happen to find? Do you have nothing better to do?"

Sighing heavily, she shifted her injured paw slightly to try and take away some of the pressure on it. She managed to avoid wincing again, despite still being unused to the sudden pangs that occurred in chest when she took too deep of breaths. The paw she couldn't hide, but at the very least she could hide her other injuries from the wolves. Not that she was worried about taking them down, but it was best to avoid persuading them to think that she was easy pickings. "Then again, you do apparently live in Dust Kingdom, so you probably don't get around much."
Back to top Go down
Winterwolf
` subordinate

Winterwolf

Self-Proclaimed Potato

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 7:37 pm

The brute bristled as the fae ranted on how badly he picked fights. "You're not doing so well either, genius." He said muttering under his breath. His gray-blue ears had flattened onto his skull, but he kept from lifting his lip in a snarl. Honestly, Storm didn't feel regret or shame, he just felt the burning desire to pin the silver wolf down and give her a piece of his mind. The wolf looked slightly to the side and muttered curses under his breath with a now calmed exterior.
"Hmm?" He turned to hear the female's cynical voice. Her voice drilled a hole in his irritation reservoir. 'Nothing better to do...?' The brute tensed up and his dull claws dug into the soft tan soil. "Does it look like we have anything better to do, MOONY?!" He snarled, and added her new name mockingly at the end. Wrinkling his nose, he continued. "So what if we live in the Dust kingdom? At least we actually LIVE somewhere!" He finished with a loud snort and sat down. His hooked tail curled around his paws, as he tried to keep down the oncoming wave of angry.

Stream bowed her head in apology. "Ah...Sorry, Mo-," She stopped herself with widened eyes. "It wouldn't matter if they told them their name, yes, but it makes things a whole lot easier." She said directing an exasperated sigh at the silver wolf. The white fae erected her ears as Storm began to yell at the unnamed female. Once he sat down, Stream pinned her ears to her head. "Will you just..." She groaned and closed her eyes. "I can't even..." The female shook her head with another tired sigh.
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 5th 2014, 11:32 pm

"Funny, I don't recall running after someone with my fur on high," Fae replied evenly, having caught his mumbling. "If I wanted to pick a fight, rest assured, it would be blatantly obvious. Even for a wolf like you." She scowled at the smaller female's words. "Names are only necessary if you need to introduce yourself, which is exactly the problem. Everyone wants to know everyone, and it's obnoxious," she growled, thinking back on the many, many times it had happened to her. These idiots apparently weren't going to leave her alone any time soon, so she figured she might as well get them off of her back about her name. "It's Fae, if you're really so desperate to know." She glared at nothing in particular, trying to figure out why she had yet to just up and leave. They were probably big enough pushovers that they'd let her walk away if she tried.

"Does it look like we have anything better to do, MOONY?!" That was the comment that caused Fae to bare her fangs, taking a domineering step towards the male. "If you want to keep your voice, I suggest you silence it," she threatened, tail high. "Accusations are not something you should take lightly, Storm. Learn to control your mouth before you use it in front of a wolf less tolerant than I am." She calmed down slightly after that, relaxing her maw with a rumbling growl. "I'll have you know that I do have a home, as I've had for several years now, and unlike this desolate place it actually has green grass."
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Female Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 12:59 pm

OOC: May I join?

Burgdis wandered through the plains aimlessly, and wondered how she'd gotten there. Her ears perked as she heard some wolves bickering. She sighed, and rolled her eyes. Curious, she stalked closer. Just as the wolves came into view, her twisted paw became entangled with her straight paws and she fell down. "Crap!" She barked accidently. She covered her maw and closed her eyes. Burgdis stood up again and focused her eyes onto the three wolves. Two faes, one male. Hmm... She thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dust Devils & Drama   Dust Devils & Drama Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dust Devils & Drama
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolf Life :: The Plains :: Sleeping Field-
Jump to: