Winter's Songs

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Winter's Songs

Go down 
+2
Tsuji
WildWind
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

Female Age : 27

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 7:10 pm

About Winter's Songs:

Winter's Songs is the story of an elderly female wolf named Shaska, told in her own words. So listen up, and be polite to her, she has gone through many hardships in her life thus far.

Prologue:

"Love, friendship... Those words mean nothing to me anymore. Once, once I believed in them, but that was a terrible mistake. These creatures, humans, know nothing of these words." Soft, gentle words we're spoken as an elderly looking wolf came forward. "They said they cared, pfft. If they cared they would have left me where they found me." The wolf licked it's lips, keeping them from drying and cracking. "My name is Shaska a wolf of the Winter's Songs pack, whether you wished to know it or not, I do not care. And whether you wish to know my story however, I do care. For I need to share my story with someone, someone who will listen to my words. So now, will you listen?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuji
` dispersal

Tsuji

Grr bark bark!

Male Age : 31

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Good   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 19th 2008, 10:46 pm

Good start, wild wind! I like it so far! Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Penman98
` subordinate

Penman98

Pack leader

Male Age : 26

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2008, 7:31 am

yah!
Back to top Go down
Tycser
` dispersal

Tycser

Male Age : 33

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 20th 2008, 9:41 am

sounds cool, please continu ^^
Back to top Go down
MajesticWolfs
` omega

MajesticWolfs

Female Age : 28

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2008, 1:08 pm

Awesome What a Face
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2008, 5:29 pm

Shaska nodded slowly, her bones aching from her old age. "Very well, listen close, for I will not repeat my words. If you have a question however, I may answer, and I may not. Now," She paused, "it all started when I was but a pup..."

Chapter One: Shaska's Early Life

"Morning twilight, such a lovely time of day."

"Yeah, although I prefer to be in the action, dear." Voices spoke, the first a delicate female voice, and the second a strong male's. "Now, dear, you shouldn't be thinking of getting up at this time of day and running around."

"I suppose so, and besides, they will be cold if I leave." She smiled slightly, "good luck on the hunt, dear Ferano." She laid her head around they're close to newly born pups, closing her eyes slowly, drifting to sleep.

"Thanks." He said as he was walking outside the den. He could see all of his land from the hill he stood on. "All males, come to the West side of camp! I will meet you there!" He yelled, running down the hill. Finally he reached camp, he turned right still running, his gray fur shimmering like scales in the morning sun. His yellow eyes we're fixed in front of him, his paw sinking into the snow every step he took. He easily jumped over a large fallen tree, stopping where the others stand. "We will hunt in the woods, that is where the deer will be. It is hard for them to find grass at this time of year, so they eat the bark of the trees."

"Yes, sir!" They all yelled strongly to they're leader.

Ferano smiled slightly, a slight smirk of idea upon his face. "Betas, your with me."

"Yes, sir!" The Betas yelled, walking to the side of him.

"And the rest of you, follow me until we reach the herd, I'll tell you the rest when we're there; Same with you, Betas."

"Yes, sir!" They all yelled once more, following behind they're leader as he ran towards the thicket.

Pants and paw steps, that was the only thing heard for a good hour. It was getting closer to noon, and they wolves had no luck finding the herd so far. "Stop. Stop!" Growled Ferano, "listen, do you hear it? That's the sound of beating hooves." He put his nose to the ground and sniffed. He lifted his head and looked to them without hesitation. "I can hear and smell the herd, its nearby. Now, Omegas, you head for the East side, and wait for my signal."

"Yes, sir!" The Omegas yelled, a hopeful tone in they're words as they moved into position.

"Now," he paused, looking to the Rointos. "Rointos, you will handle the West side. Wait for my signal to attack from there"

"Yes, sir!" The Rointos yelled, moving into position.

"And for you, Betas." He paused, looking from the Rointos to the Betas. "Your with me."

"Yes, sir!" The Betas yelled, following they're leader towards the herd. Stopping at the edge of the herd Ferano and the Betas crouched down, hidden from the many deer. He looked to the Omegas, staying in position, and howled to them. The Omegas nodded, running out at the deer. Ferano quickly howled to the Rointos, who quickly charged at the three deer that we're managed to be chased this far. The Rointos growled and bared they're teeth, some of them at the North end like the Omegas. The Omegas growled and snarled like the Rointos, scaring the deer Southward, towards Ferano and the Betas.

"Now!" He yelled, running towards the three deer, along with the Betas. Clawing and biting, growling and snarling. The Omegas, Rointos, Betas and Ferano all attacked the deer. Finally, one by one they fell to the ground, dead. "Great job, everyone!" He yelled, begging to drag a deer's carcass. "Now, we need to bring it all back to camp!" He said, his words ruffled for his mouth was full.

"Yes, sir!" They all yelled, helping him drag the carcasses to camp. Ferano dragged one deer up into the den where his mate lay. "I'm back!" He looked about, only to see his mate beaten badly and his son lying next to her. "What happened?!"

"Tho-those creatures, humans, they came and, and..." Her words we're terrified, what had the humans done?

"What did they do?!"

"They, they... They took her away! I tried to stop them, but they did this to me... I'm sorry!" Ferano gasped to this, he walked over to her, nuzzling her muzzle.

"Don't be, you tried, and that's what counts."

Last edited by WildWind on May 21st 2008, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2008, 5:44 pm

Cool! A few things (if you want critique); I would think that the wolves should be quiet if the deer are nearby, instead of yelling when orders are given. Also, There are a few spelling errors, but all in all, a good story. Hope to see more soon!

~Soul Hunter
Back to top Go down
WildWind
` subordinate

WildWind

— forest wanderer —

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2008, 8:53 pm

Okay, to you, Soul Hunter. They we're still rather far away when they we're yelling, you can tell because he said "the herd is near." Therefor, they we're still a while away from the deer. As for the spelling errors, I was in a hurry typing it here again from another site, so I apoligise for any mistakes in spelling. If you catch any more now, please tell me so via PM, because I fixed the ones I could find.
Back to top Go down
Tsuji
` dispersal

Tsuji

Grr bark bark!

Male Age : 31

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Wolf fact   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeMay 21st 2008, 11:47 pm

Lol. This isn't a big deal, but in a wolf pack, there is only one omega, and it can be either male, or female. Not a biggie, though. :)

Last edited by Tsuji on May 23rd 2008, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oops. Only one omega, not one beta. :))
Back to top Go down
Tycser
` dispersal

Tycser

Male Age : 33

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2008, 4:16 am

I almost cried, its so sad. Please continue!
Back to top Go down
Gone
` pup

Gone

Female Age : 28

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2010, 8:15 pm

Besides what they SoulHunter pointed out, it's great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter's Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter's Songs   Winter's Songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter's Songs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolf Life :: Other :: General Discussion :: Stories-
Jump to: