Frostbitten Paws

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

Frostbitten Paws

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Female Age : 21

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 4:43 pm

The female wolf padded across the land in search of food. Hunger bit at her stomach like the frostbite that swallowed up her paws and made them feel limp. She lifted her maw to the sky and breathed in, closing her eyes, taking in all the scents of the frosty atmosphere. She lowered her head as she caught the scent of a wandering hare in the snow-covered field, and she began crouching lowly, the bottom of her stomach brushing against the chilling snow. The hunt was on. She padded carefully, making sure the snow did not crunch beneath the weight of her paws. She followed the scent, and hunger bit deeper into her belly, and she grit her teeth. The snow-colored hare soon came into view, and the feminine wolf licked her chops, pondering about how the fresh meat would taste to her after not eating for several days. The cold had forced her to live in such conditions, and she learned to live with it. She was a fighter. The hare paused, lifting up a slender ear to detect any sounds. The female willed herself to not make a sound. Contented, the hare went back to her grazing, using her long legs to paw up the snow and fling it beside her. The female wolf crawled closer, and she narrowed her eyes as the hare went nearly invisible for a moment, being that her fur was such a snowy white. The wolf leapt, determined to catch the hare. She landed right beside the rabbit, who yelped and went running. The female wolf, with the title of Arrow, barred her teeth and snarled, ushering the little hare on. The hare pulled around the tree, and Arrow made a sharp turn to reach the hare. The rabbit came clearly into her view, and Arrow lunged, catching her rump in her clamped jaws. Arrow chomped down, catching the rabbit fiercely in her jaws. She released for a second, and grasped her tiny neck. With one bite, the hare lay limp in the freshly fallen snow. Arrow licked her lips and bent down to eat the hare when she heard bawling in the distance. She lifted her head up, narrowing her silver eyes, and stared in confusion at the large trees that stood overhead. Carefully, she buried it beneath the snow, and padded forward, going to meet whoever- or whatever- was out there.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 5:39 pm

{May I join? I'll be the animal she heard.  Very Happy }

Ice growled loudly as the bear came closer. She stepped forward, bravely and barked. The bear roared. Ice snarled. She leapt up and clamped her jaws onto the bears neck. It yowled, and threw her off, stomping away into the icy forest. Ice Was flung against a tree and hit another wolf. She lay there unconscience.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 6:20 pm

[ Sure! ]

Arrow was making her way there when she heard a roar and a snarl. That's when it hit her; literally. She let out a rough snarl as something hit against her, driving her backwards. Her legs fell out from under her, and she landed face-first on the snow, and when sat up on her haunches, she used her tongue to lick the snow off her maw. She looked beside her and saw another wolf, laying limply. She swallowed, unsure of what to do. She padded closer, sniffing. "Doesn't smell dead..." She went closer, and pressed her nose close to the strange wolf, not willing to get any closer to the wolf. "I guess it really isn't my problem." She padded off, snow embedding themselves in between her paws, making an uncomfortable sensation. Being the unfriendly wolf she was, she wasn't exactly sure about helping an unfamiliar wolf who just sent her tumbling down, face-first in the chilling cold snow. She willed herself to not go on to help the wolf, but she decided to might as well leave something for the wolf, so the injured wolf had something to eat. Surely, when the wolf woke up, they could find something for themselves. But the odds were she would be too injured to go on. She sighed. She padded far beyond where the limp body lay, and smelt around for the rabbit she had buried. "Such a precious piece of prey. How I despise giving up my possessions so easily, especially to those I don't know or shall not befriend." She dug into the snow, revealing the still freshly killed arctic hare she had caught earlier. She took the mid-section of the hare, and tore a quarter of her rightfully caught prey, and then buried the rest of the prey in the snow once again. She sighed again, and padded back to where the wolf lay there, still deep in sleep. Hopefully in sleep, that is. Arrow placed the tiny piece of meat beside her and began padding off to hunt once again.

[ I apologize for my character's spiteful personality. That is just the way she acts around non-befriended wolves. ]
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 7:25 pm

OOC: It's OK, Ice is the same way. Ice kind of thinks she's a goddess so be prepared.

Ice woke with a start. She slowly got up to see a wolf going away. "Hey! Hey! Where are you going?" she yelled. She growled, annoyed and bounded after the white wolf. Her blue markings reflected off the sun. "Hault!" she barked. Her crystal necklace beamed.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 7:46 pm

The female barred her teeth at the command of the feminine wolf she had just started to pad away from. "Excuse me? Who are you to command me to halt?" she spat fiercely. "Just who do you think you are?" She turned around sharply and snarled at the unfamiliar wolf, her silvery eyes filled with rage. The stranger looked to be full of pride, and that just made her grow to be angrier. "And to think I have pitied you!"
"Just who exactly, in the right mind would command ME to halt?" Her rage continued.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 7:50 pm

Ice growled. "Who are you to talk to me like that! I am Ice!" she growled. Great, a fight with a bear, and now a pointless arguement with a pathetic mortal wolf. She thought bitterly. She calmed down a bit. "I was just going to ask your name. I did fly into you and I wanted say sorry." she said. A goddess needs to look after her people. she thought.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 8:08 pm

Arrow flattened her ears. "It really didn't seem that way when you slammed into me, and I had pitied you and given you a rabbit. What a waste of food!" she snorted, padded over to where the torn hare lay, and picked it up in her jaws. "But, of course, I will indeed tell you who I am, for I may be well known. I am Arrow, and just so you know, will not put up with any ignorance, incase you were planning on going that way." Her hackles did not rise, and her silencing gaze remained strong on the female who called herself Ice.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 9:44 pm

Ice smiled. "Hello arrow. Yes a waste I'd say, already ate, I'm not really hungry. Your probably cold. I have a nice cave up ahead here. Would you like to stay?" Ice asked.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:36 pm

Arrow paused for a moment before replying. "Am I supposed to say yes? I don't exactly trust you quite yet," she said hastily, raising an eye upward. "However; I most likely will accept your offer. I am not too cold, so I suppose I could eat this rabbit there and perhaps we could chat. I don't trust easily." She narrowed her silvery eyes for a moment before relaxing them. "Thin thing," she muttered, prodding the Arctic hare's fluffy sides. She looked up once again and locked eyes with the wolf called Ice. "Now, shall we go?"
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:37 pm

Ice nodded. "We shall." she said, she padded through the snow. "And, no, you didn't have to say yes." she said.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:40 pm

Arrow began trotting after her, her tail swaying from side to side as she trudged through the snow. "Well, it seems I have said yes, so I guess it isn't important anymore." She flattened her ears back for a moment before she just stopped speaking, unsure of what to say.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:42 pm

Ice shrugged. She then looked at Arrow's ears. Well, what is it now? she thought. She looked back ahead.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 3:57 pm

Arrow trudged on, her jaws clamped around the two separated pieces of rabbit she had ripped apart herself. "So, how far exactly is this den of yours?"
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 4:00 pm

"My cave? not far, we're just a wolf bound away." she said. Then the cliff she lived on, came into view. "You can climb right?" she asked. With that, she jumped up onto some rocks, then jumped into the opening. "Your turn." she said, looking down.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 7:41 pm

Arrow looked at where Ice now stood. She snorted. Easy. She leapt up on the rocks with a great jump, and she moved swiftly from side to side. She placed her paws down on the den entrance, and she looked up with a grin at the other wolf. "How's that?" she smirked with a mischievous grin.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJune 26th 2014, 2:44 pm

"great, your a natural." she said, smiling. Ice went inside her not very deep cave. It was just one room, basically a carving in a cliff.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJuly 2nd 2014, 8:14 pm

(I am so sorry! I've been really busy lately.) Arrow followed her into the strange wolf's den. Prickling her ears back, she looked up at Ice. "So, now what?" Arrow dropped back on her haunches, letting her tongue loll out of the end of her maw.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJuly 3rd 2014, 12:52 am

OOC: It's all good.  Very Happy 

Ice sat down too. "Well, we could start by telling each other our likes and dislikes." she said. She yawned and smiled tiredly.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 7:40 pm

Arrow's ears flattened back as her banner smoothly fell beside her paws. "I guess so," she said, tilting her head to the side slightly. "I guess I could go first." Clearing her throat with a few deep growls, she began to speak rather calmly. "I dislike a lot of wolves, but I suppose you'd be the first exception." She shrugged, the loose tufts of fur on her shoulders falling gently as her shoulders slumped back down.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeJuly 10th 2014, 10:22 pm

Ice smiled. "Well, I really hate it when people snort when they laugh. And packs, they're so center-minded. All they want is war with other packs! It's like, COME ON PEOPLE! I'm pretty sure that's not the only thing you can do with your time." she said.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2014, 10:49 pm

"I don't mean to sound rude," she began, her ears flickering gently as she spoke, "but I usually find no interest in other wolves. I'm a solitary creature, I suppose." She suppressed a sigh and sat back on her haunches gently. "Packs? I'm not into them. Sharing food with others? Not my sort of thing. I do believe that packs go into war not too often, but when they do, it's over pathetic reasons." Her dark brown luminaries glinted in the dim lighting of the cave. "I think hunting in packs makes it easy to hunt down prey, but they usually go in rank order. And they fight over it. Not saying I wouldn't win or anything, but I'd probably get too into it and accidentally shred someones' pelt off." She let out a quick huff of annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2014, 11:04 pm

Ice stifled a small chuckle. "It didn't sound rude. I actually respect what you've said. I believe you, and, yes, I think packs are stupid. That's why I'm a loner. Then, I don't have to worry about ranks and putrid stuff like that." She said, agreeing with Arrow's statement.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2014, 12:26 pm

"It's good to have someone who understands that sort of stuff." Her ears flickered gently as she spoke. "Packs just aren't my thing, so I choose to travel as nothing but a loner, always scouting for food and shelter. It's an easy life style."
Back to top Go down
Goldenashes
` beta

Goldenashes

Golden

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2014, 6:46 pm

Ice smiled and nodded. "Why take your chances, right? Being a loner's better than being an omega." she said, shrugging. "So I guess we have stuff in common." she said.
Back to top Go down
Chaotic_Crimes
` pup

Chaotic_Crimes

— wild spirit —

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 10:26 pm

"It is indeed. When it comes to differences, I haven't spotted any yet. I guess we do have a few in common." She allowed herself to smile slightly, but it soon turned into a thin line soon after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frostbitten Paws Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frostbitten Paws   Frostbitten Paws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frostbitten Paws
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wolf Life :: The Lands of Ice :: Freezing Forest-
Jump to: