On the Edge

How will you live yours?

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Chatbox  

On the Edge

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

Female Registered : 2012-09-26

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 2nd 2012, 6:33 pm

Melody padded silently through the forest, smelling the water nearby, as well as hearing it. She hadn't had a drink in a long while, and was in dire need of one. At last, she came to the bushes at the edge of a waterfall. Silently, she slinked forward to get a drink.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

Female Age : 28

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 4:27 pm

sander was wandering. well, he was always wandering these days. but this time it was through the dense woods, going whever his wims took him. as he walked, the trees thinned and suddenly, he was standing in frount of a magnificent waterfall. he stoped and looked at it for a moment then surveyed his suroundings. he noticed, a fae with grayish-brown fur, drinking the water. he walked over to the water to get a drink himself, keeping his distance incase she was hostile.

[^_^ yes i did my homework on melodys discription post tongue ]
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 5:07 pm

Melody noticed the other wolf approaching, but chose to ignore him, as he didn't seem immediately hostile. She finished her drink before allowing herself to face the potential threat. Her hackles raised, and teeth bared, she called out to the wolf,

"Are you friend, or foe?"
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 5:26 pm

"a friend, i suppose" he walked over to her and stoped a few feet away. "i am sander" he said ignoring her bared teeth. he always sounded calm and slightly amused, and loved to watch people react to him.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 7:09 pm

"My... my name is Melody," she replied slowly. She switched her tail to a halfway position, and she let it swish back and forth. She changed her posture from defensive, to a normal standing, and she felt her fur flatten.

"What do you think of this place?" she asked, attempting conversation. "There aren't many places with natural beauty like this anymore."
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 7:48 pm

"o there are." he said getting a far away look. "you just have to look hard enough. at moon cliff the ocean is magnificent, and in the sleeping fields, the water is so clear you can see the bottom of the lakes, nomatter how far you wade" he said wagging his tail. "but so far this is the only waterfall i have found, and i always find myself comming back here..."
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 8:49 pm

"Mmm," Melody nodded. "I kinda like it here, the water is a great rescource to be by."

She pawed at the ground a little, then looked up at the sky.

She then whispered, "It's been so long..."
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 11:06 pm

sander looked at her. "whats been so long?"
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 11:12 pm

"The stars," Melody replied. "The forest has been so thick, and at last, it's thin enough here that I can see them. Look."

Melody motioned with her paw up to the small split in the tree branches, seeing only a few little sparkling stars.

"Also, because this is the first time in a while I've found a seemingly civilized wolf. In the times before, they've been with a pack, and not receptive of loners. How have your journeys been?"
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 11:23 pm

"o i wander from place to place as my whims take me. i have seen many places. but never have i found a place that i wanted to stay" he studied her for a moment. "follow me" he said suddenly. he started climbing up the side of the cliff, with the waterfall, jumping from one ledge to another, till he got to the top. he looked behind him. "come on up!" he called to her. " you can see the stars much better up here!"
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 12:24 am

Melody was startled at this change in events. She leapt up the first few rocks trying to catch up to him, but the slippery slope caused her to lose her grip, and she quickly scrabbled for a hold. Quickly running out of breath from the climb, she followed as best she could.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 1:34 am

sander watched her climb till she was close, then grabed her scruff and pulled her up. "not bad. i have seen wolves that could not climb at all. with a little practice you could be as good a climber as me." he told her. " now look up. you can see the sky much better here, without the trees in the way." he smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 9:18 am

Melody looked at Sander, and then up at the sky. He was right. With the new angle on the clearing, much more could be seen than from back on the gound. She raised her paw, reaching out as if to touch them, but she felt nothing but air.

Melody lowered her head, and whispered, "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 11:47 am

he watched her reach out, like she wanted to touch the stars. "your welcome" he said quietly. he looked up at the sky. it seemed to go forever. "i should take you to sleeping fields sometime. the sky has more stars there and you can see it without trees blocking it" he laid down at the edge of the cliff, with his paws hanging off the end. he wondered why this wolf was different from the rest. he usually would talk to a wolf when they crossed his path, then move on. but this one was different.

he yawned, and lay his head down. he had been walking all day.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 4th 2012, 9:26 pm

Melody leaned down, stretching. She liked it up here. It was nice, and Sander had proved to be trustworthy. She moved towards the cliff edge, and sat down, looking at the sky again. She saw the moon peeking over the treetops, and threw back her head in a howl. She let it resonate withing the trees, listening to the different echoes.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 11:10 am

sander smiled. she had a lovely howl. he joined her in her howl, sending a soft , but powerful howl through the air.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2012, 3:21 pm

As the last traces of their howl died down, Melody lay her head down. It's been a long day, though it had all been worth it at this point. This place was beautiful. If the amount of prey here was plentiful, there'd be no reason to leave. Melody closed her eyes, laying her head on her paws, listening to the calming sound of the water.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 9th 2012, 11:57 am

sander watched her for a while, wonderingly. she had not left him, like all the others. she hadn't attacked, or been hateful, like so many others had. what prompted her to be nice to him, he wondered. he lay his head down, ceasing his head of the troubling thoughts, for the moment at least, and let sleep take him.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2012, 9:25 am

It wasn't until a few rays of sunlight filtered by the trees touched her fur, that Melody realized she'd fallen asleep. She opened her eyes, and stretched. Melody saw Sander over to her left, and was glad he had decided to stay.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 11th 2012, 2:28 pm

sander rolled over in his sleep and roled right off the cliff. he landed in the water below with a huge splash. he woke up imediatly, swimming ashore soaking wet. "well!" she said "thats one way to wake up!" he looked up to grinn at melody.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 18th 2012, 6:06 pm

Melody was halfway through a yawn, when Sander fell over the cliff. Melody rushed to the edge to see if he was okay, and was relieved to see him grinning back. She grinned, and started laughing.

"One way to wake up? No, really!" She shouted down.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 11:48 am

his grin got bigger, and he wagged his tail. "is it bad, when thats not the first time i fell off a cliff?" he laughed.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2012, 6:42 pm

Melody sat back laughing. At least he had survived that last fall. This one wasn't so bad. Melody thought about it for a second, before turning and walking away from the edge. She walked back a few feet, and turned to face the edge again. She took a deep breath, bunched her muscles, and sprang forward in a run leaping off the cliff and plunged into the water below.
Back to top Go down
desianey
` subordinate

desianey

B.S. (BabySweets)

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2012, 11:41 am

sander snorted when she jumped off the cliff. when she splashed water on him, he yelled, "hey!" good naturedly.
Back to top Go down
Philaera
` pup

Philaera

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2012, 6:08 pm

Melody broke the surface, and shook some of the water out of her fur. She laughed at Sander, and pushed her paws forward, splashing him again. Melody swam in place, as she continued her watery assult.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Edge   On the Edge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Edge
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next